Clark County School District – Las Vegas, NV
Energy Consultant & ESPC Third Party Consultant
With over 350 schools, covering more than 24 million square feet, Clark County School District (CCSD) is the fifth largest and fastest growing school district in the US. CCSD’s Facilities Division is one of the largest, most sophisticated, and sustainable design oriented districts in the country. They are in the process of designing and building over 100 new schools to meet the tremendous growth of the greater Las Vegas metro area. All of the new schools will be LEED™ Gold Certified.
- Energy Savings Performance Contract – Third Party Consulting
- Energy Efficient Design Review – New Prototype Schools
- Due diligence review of HVAC Design Study Guidelines
- Celtic Energy was selected to provide Third Party Quality Assurance of CCSD’s first ESPC contract on twelve existing schools. Duties include preparation of the Request for Proposal (RFP) for selecting an ESCO, project expediting, due diligence review of Initial Proposals and Detailed Energy Surveys, including; savings calculations, monitoring and verification plans, O&M, training, and EH&S plans prior to execution of an expected multi-million dollar contract. We will also review design plans, equipment submittals, etc. and assist in negotiating these issues, among others, in Final Contract Award.
- Post-contract duties will include monitoring of the selected ESCO’s Measurement and Verification (M&V), commissioning, and training plan execution.
- Peer review of LEED Gold School and facilities building designs, in which we evaluate the A/E team’s energy modeling, and sustainable design methodology on behalf of the District.
- Review of the District’s HVAC Study Guidelines to help them ensure their Engineering Consultants are preparing consistent, thorough, and valuable design studies which include the proper energy efficiency techniques in the design and budgets.
- Date July 17, 2014
- Tags Energy Efficiency/Sustainable Design, Energy Savings Performance Contract, LEED Green Building