The historic Travelers Tower, completed in 1919, was the first commercial building outside of New York City to rise higher than 500 feet. It was the tallest building in New England for many years.
Scope: Travelers Insurance and their property management firm, Trammell Crow Corporate Services, has been working with Celtic Energy since June 2004 to help in the development of energy saving upgrades of building systems throughout the 1.2 million SF complex. Projects to date include:
- Retrofit lighting in Executive Garage
- Install lighting controls on 400+ Plaza Building Garage HID fixtures
- Occupancy sensors and light fixture upgrades in Plaza Bldg. elevator lobbies
- Add daylight harvesting controls to Plaza Building
- Replace pneumatic steam valves with DDC valves, saving $150,000 in steam
- Add CO2 based Demand Control Ventilation to BAS
- Re-commission BAS system
- Install chilled water plant for LAN Center, reducing winter district CHW costs
- The total savings for these projects will be over $500,000 annually
Celtic Energy certified The Travelers complex as an EPA Energy Star Building.
- Date December 10, 2014
- Tags Energy Efficiency/Sustainable Design, EPA Energy Star, LEED Green Building