CEI President Speaks at NAESCO and ESC Conferences
With over 30 years of experience in the energy industry, Christopher Halpin, President of Celtic Energy, is an expert in all issues related to energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability. Mr. Halpin teaches classes and provides training to design and construction professionals across the country on the topics of energy efficiency and sustainable design. Over the past month, Mr. Halpin has spoken at the following conferences in Louisiana and Delaware.
2015 NAESCO Annual Conference & Vendor Showcase
Taking Stock: Mastering the Changing Energy Efficiency Landscape
New Orleans, LA
On November 5, Mr. Halpin participated in an hour-long presentation titled “Establishing the Optimal Mix of Incentives, Rebates, Customized EE Project Delivery, and Financing Initiatives: What This Means for ESCOs Delivering EE through Utility Programs,” which focused on the following topics:
- Financing Energy Efficiency: Is the market finally ready to scale up?
- Evaluating the impact of financing initiatives like Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing on the market for energy efficiency resources and customer demand
- Are the PUC debates in California and New York over the need for new financing initiatives a harbinger of a weakening commitment to rebates and incentives?
Moderated by Peter Flynn, Principal at Bostonia Partners, the panel also featured David Nemtzow, Principal at Nemtzow & Associates, and George Caraghiaur, Managing Member of Energy & Sustainability Services, LLC.
2015 ESC Delaware Energy Conference
Powering Delaware’s Energy Future
Mr. Halpin took part in a discussion on October 21 regarding the expected $75 million Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility Bond issue that will finance Energy Saving Performance Contracts for state agencies and school districts in 2016. Mr. Halpin’s panel, titled “Preparing for the 2016 SEU Energy Efficiency Bond Issue,” was dedicated to the role of a Third Party Consultant and how it helps the
process and results in higher quality projects. He was joined by the following energy experts:
- Tony DePrima, Executive Director, Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility, Moderator
- Brian Maxwell, Deputy Director, Office of Management and Budget, State of Delaware
- Paul Carter, Senior Account Executive, Noresco
- George McDowell, Energy Manager, Red Clay Consolidated School District
- David Diaz, Director of Business Development, Walker Reid Strategies