Home » Case Studies » Town Of Glastonbury, CT
Town Of Glastonbury, CT
Energy Audit Reports & Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
Celtic Energy was hired by the Town of Glastonbury to assist with the development,
response review, and developer selection for a Solar Power Purchase Agreement
(PPA). The focus of the PPA was to identify the most cost-effective application
of solar photovoltaics that would reduce purchased energy costs and help the
Town’s sustainability goals. Specific
the Town of Glastonbury with the development of the PPA Request for Proposal
the technical responses from four renewable energy system developers
with the development of an objective scoring procedure and a review of the
responses which helped the Town of Glastonbury select their vendor.
Town of Glastonbury will receive electricity at a significantly reduced rate
for the next 20 Years.
knowledge of the Town’s facilities from our previous energy audit work was
instrumental in developing this project.
Project includes approximately 150 kW at two town facilities.
Comprehensive Energy Audits
of all Town facilities, including:
- Town Hall
- Welles Turner Memorial Library
- Riverfront Community Center
- Police Station and Shooting Range
- Fire Stations and EMS Facilities
- Vehicle Maintenance, and others
Client: Town Of Glastonbury, CT
focus of the Energy Audit was to identify the most cost-effective package of
energy conservation measures (ECMs) that would reduce energy costs and improve
building systems performance, while yielding an acceptable payback. Reports were written and presented to the Town of Glastonbury, outlining the
results of Celtic Energy's Energy Audits.
Features: Energy conservation measures
to be implemented include:
- Install High Performance Fluorescent Lamps
- Replace Incandescent with CFL's
- Install Vending Machine Energy Controllers
- Install High Efficiency Condensing Units
- Expand BAS Capabilities
- Install Energy Star Appliances
- Install Computer Power Management
- Replace HIDS with LEDS
- Install Solar Power PV Panels