We look at the technical and financial aspects of all projects in a creative way to keep up with the ever-changing energy marketplace.
Investing for the Future
Investing for the Future
Our services can be tailored to fit your energy and financial needs in order to help you invest for the future.
Celtic Energy provides a full range of services to help our clients profitably reduce energy consumption and mitigate the environmental impact of doing business.
Performance Contract Owner’s Representative
Celtic Energy’s premier and most sought-after role is serving as a trusted Owner’s Representative (also called Third-Party Consultant, or Project Facilitator) on major Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC) and Sustainability Projects such as Microgrid development and implementation. Our unique breadth and depth of experience in ESPC oversight has allowed us to become the most trusted Owner’s Rep in the nation, a role we have been hired in more than 100 times. CEI has overseen more than $1.5 billion dollars of these energy projects throughout the U.S., saving our clients more than $60 million annually to date. Specifically, as Owner’s Reps we:
- Assist clients to organize, plan and implement an ESPC program to secure major improvements with no upfront capital costs.
- Set scope of work for ESCOs, write RFP, assist in selection and negotiations.
- Review technical feasibility, savings, costs, financing, monitoring and verification plans, O&M, and training plans, etc. to ensure expected savings are realized.
- Ensure utility, ISO, and government incentives are maximized and secured.
- Conduct forensic analyses of ESPC Projects that Owners have had problems with.
Download ESPC ‘Best Practices’ in the Municipal, University, School, and Hospital Markets for the State of CT.
Measurement and Verification (M&V) Consulting Services
The Celtic Energy Team has over 125-years of combined experience, working with clients in all market sectors. This expertise gives CEI an advantage in providing M&V services to a wide-variety of clients. These services include:
- The development of M&V Plans for ISO Forward Capacity Market programs.
- Oversight of the Energy Savings Company (ESCO) and vendor proposals to ensure accuracy of energy savings claims
- Review of the ESCO’s proposal and performance will be conducted before and after installation inspections.
- Most of CEI’s in-house engineering staff are Certified Measurement & Verification Professionals (CMVP) by the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) and the Efficiency Valuation Organization (www.evo-world.org). We are the only firm in our region with such a distinction.
Commercial PACE Consulting
As one of the nation’s first and most experienced PACE project Technical Reviewers, CEI provides C-PACE consulting services to State and Local governments, lenders, and project owners in a variety of ways:
- Energy project development on behalf of project owners
- Performance of technical reviews for loan underwriting, for both State financing agencies and private lenders, to provide confidence that C-PACE projects meet stated financial objectives
- Advising State and Local governments on C-PACE program efficacy and the need for proper technical reviews
- Performing Owner’s Rep services for large C-PACE project owners, including commissioning review and M&V oversight
Smart Grid/Microgrid Solutions
As one of only a few energy consulting firms that have experience in this relatively new arena, Celtic Energy has distinguished itself by overseeing one of this nation’s few operational Microgrid projects for the FDA, and serves as Third-Party Consultant to Connecticut’s first Microgrid project with the City of Stamford. Some of the specific ways we can help clients are:
- CEI can help with the conceptual design of a Microgrid, incorporating both Combined Heat and Power (CHP) and alternative energy sources.
- We serve as a project facilitator to support you throughout the Microgrid development process.
- We have partnered with several experienced engineering firms with significant design experience in combined heat and power installations and microgrids to support preparation of Microgrid PFAs.
Energy Audits, Models and Benchmarking
Conducting energy audits is one of the simplest ways to take steps toward reducing energy consumption and costs. Celtic Energy conducts two different types of these walk-through evaluations of a facility:
- Preliminary Audits – A cursory investigation aimed at helping to pre-qualify projects before proceeding to a more detailed evaluation. This type of audit is also executed by CEI when creating a Request for Proposals (RFP) in order to provide a scope of work to the ESCOs and ensure all companies are given the same information. Also known as ASHRAE Level I audits.
- Investment Grade Audits – A detailed engineering document confirming the scope and savin